Supermodel Jasmine Took walking the runway at Versace Fall 2012 at Milan Fashion Week. Her fringed bangs are dope. I love the black boots. The fall look is clean, lots of black Gothic, leather, and healthy looking hair with fringed bangs.
Supermodel Shu Pei Qin is wearing a dope Versace dress that would be knee high length on a short woman like me. The boots are dope….
Designer: Donatella Versace
Date and Location: Friday, Feb. 24, via Gesù, 12
Photos: slide show
- “For the first time since the death of Gianni Versace in 1997, his sister had what she called ‘the courage’ to go back to that era. Using as a template the last collection her brother showed, at the swimming pool of the Paris Ritz that July, the designer reworked the Byzantine cross motifs that, in retrospect, seemed such an ominous inspiration.” (International Herald Tribune)
- “Though a tough Versace collection can be a tonic after a few seasons of kitten glamour, especially if the attitude is spoofy, this show felt strangely tepid, with too little variety in the shapes.” (The New York Times)
- “Goth met heritage, met high-tech, met chain mail in the latest runway show from Versace, a fall 2012 collection that began brilliantly but ultimately revealed this house’s difficulty in re-modeling itself for our century’s second century.” (Fashion Wire Daily)
- “Lisbeth Salander could crawl through Stockholm’s alleys looking well within character in the gothic crosses on black body-hugging dresses, fishnet boots, and armor-like leather that Versace showed here in Milan this evening. They were simultaneously punk, vicious and vulnerable.” (Heard on the Runway)
- “There was nothing Gianni liked more than a ferocious, powerful warrior woman — a survivor. That’s exactly what Donatella Versace is, and in a difficult Autumn/Winter 2012 season for all she’s coming out fighting.” (SHOWstudio.com)