This morning started out helping a friends of my son – their basement flooded and the rain storm from last night wreck havoc on their crib. I still can’t believe I slept through the tumultuous storm…..folks are telling me it was treacherous. After leaving their home, we headed toward downtown Frederick. A quaint small-town city with a variety of interesting and eclectic shops. We decided they we would visit Sweet Memories Old Fashioned Nostalgic Candies to show our support for the family new business venture. What a very sweet ideal to hang out in town…after leaving the candy store we than walked around, chatted and store gazed. We don’t get too many opportunities to walk around in downtown Frederick, Maryland and entertain ourselves with mindless activity. We finished our afternoon with lunch at Cacique before heading off to football practice. What an eventful day it was for me to hang out with a very interesting teenager who resides in our home….it is amazing the fun you will have when things are lighthearted….back to the grind and the books. #JustSaying it was an extremely nice day. School starts in a week….we will keep you posted throughout the school year.
This morning while visiting our friends crib to assist with clearing out a few items from their water damaged basement we met an individual who cleaned up the water. Dude deserves an honorable mention because he did not rip or destroyed the carpet…Resource Restoration, Inc 24 hour emergency service. Nationwide 1.800.533.0626 cell 443.938.4983
- Sweet Memories Old Fashioned Nostalgic Candies located at 43 E. Patrick Street, Frederick MD 21701 301.620.4202 – had the both of us excited like to kids in a candy store…pun intended!
- Venus on the Half Shell 101 East Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701 301.662.6213 – had the most beautiful vintage garments that any fashionista would absolutely adore, hats, earrings, sunglasses, purse and one of a kind items. The black dress in the picture was priced at an affordable price of $95
- Visions Extraordinary Eyewear, ect 16 N. Market Street Frederick, MD 21701 Unique and gorgeous eyewear…does not accept insurance but you have the option of submitting it to your insurance provider for reimbursement.
- Studio Eleven Photography and Framing Barb Campbell Photographer and Owner 218 N. Market, Frederick, MD 301.696.5944 cell 301.639.9199 Very beautiful and of course I ask if they hire freelance photographers…was told sometimes when the need arise.
- Pitcrew Skateboards & Snowboards 207 North Market Street Frederick, MD 21701 301.698.1813 the athlete in Dwayne pulled him into the store…we both learned that most football players do not put their bodies in harms way. It not encourage that football players skateboard to prevent themselves unnecessary injury. Very cool skateboards, clothing, gear, folks and the shop has been in business for 16 years.
- Cacique Fine Spanish & Mexican Cusine 26 N. Market Street, Frederick, MD 21701 301.695.2756 Fax 301.695.5947 Fabulous lunch and at affordable rates….enjoy my lunch date with my son today and the service was excellent.
- Frederick Fashion Week 2010 Cultural Art Center – 15 N. Market Street, Frederick, MD September 16th – September 18th Tickets are $5 VIP $20 on the 18th 301.662.4190
Photo Delores Randall taken with iPhone