No boundaries for Kerry Washington :
- Tom Binns silver-plated brass double bangle: $2,150, 917-475-1412, tombinnsdesign.com.
- Max Mara bodysuit: $625; silk skinny belt: $150, 310-385-9306, maxmara.com. Philip Treacy hand-blocked disc in paper hat: $1,083, philiptreacy.co.uk.
- Versace red gown with cutouts: $6,295, 888-721-7219, versace.com. Alexandre Herchcovitch red platform pumps: $217, herchcovitch.uol.com.br.
- Manish Arora cutout patchwork dress: $2,723, beyond7boutique.com. Alexandre Herchcovitch green platform pumps: $217, herchcovitch.uol.com.br.
- Manish Arora sequin coat: $5,776, beyond7boutique.com.
She may wow on stage and screen, but the star of Night Catches Us reveals her real passions—politics and arts access for everyone by LESLIE GORNSTEIN / photographs by RUVEN AFANADOR / styling by HAYLEY ATKIN /produced by KIM POLLOCK
Two years ago, Kerry Washington found herself in the deep South with nothing to do. She had swung down to South Carolina to check out the presidential debates, only to learn her next film was in writers’-strike limbo. So the Bronx native decided to go in a different direction: She took to the road on behalf of Barack Obama. “Everything I needed to know about stumping I learned in that car,” Washington says of her immersion in political theater. Her mentor then was Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri. “I studied her the way an actor would,” says Washington. “What is she doing right? What is my pitch going to be?” Full Article