The Gates Millennium Scholars 2010 Nomination Process has launched. The submission deadline is January 11, 2010 (11:59 p.m. EST).
Click here to access the GMS Scholarship application.
Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they:
• Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;
• Are a citizen/legal permanent resident or nationals of the United States;
• Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (un-weighted);
• Will be enrolling for the first-time at a U.S. accredited* college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student in the fall of 2010; or GED
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
• Meet the Federal Pell Grant* eligibility criteria; and
• Have all three forms (Nominee Personal Information Form completed by the student, Nominator Form completed by an educator familiar with the student’s academic record and a Recommender Form completed by a person familiar with the student’s leadership and community service) submitted by the deadline.
In order to be eligible to be considered for the GMS scholarship, all three forms must be submitted by the deadline.
1. Nominee Form (student application)
2. Nominator Form
3. Recommender Form