Tweetie 2 was recently removed from the App Store to make way for Twitter for iPhone. You can continue to use Tweetie 2 (or Tweetie 1) but only until the end of June, due to changes in the way Twitter is handling logins. All Twitter applications are going to have to be updated before then, or else they will no longer be able to log in.
You will have to “authorize” Twitter for iPhone. This authorization means that if you change your password, you can still use Twitter for iPhone. Authorizations can be managed in your Twitter account settings under “Connections.”
Tweetie 2 was pulled from the App Store, and it made us think that the official client called “Twitter for iPhone” would come soon. Well, Twitter for iPhone is now live in the App Store, just follow this link.
Here’s the changelog:
- Tweetie is now Twitter! We didn’t just do a name change, we’ve added a bunch of new stuff.
- Search has been reorganized, now you can search all tweets and find users in the same spot, view Top Tweets and Browse Suggested users.
- Search results now include Top Tweets, try it with Trends…winner combo!
- You can now use Twitter without an account! Search, Browse uses, view trends and top tweets.
- Sign-up is now availabile within the application as well, complete with Suggested user list.
- More tab has been re-organized to accomplish all this. Users with one account can add a second account under the Accounts and Settings button here.
- Actions we’ve found people use most, like Retweet have been moved to the main actions bar.
- Minor tweaks were made to tweet rendering so they match Twitter.com tweets