This is the advertisement on Monster:
Work for Alicia Keys!
Yes, THE Alicia Keys! This is an Opportunity of a Lifetime!
Alicia Keys’s voice has reached millions, but she needs your help to blast it into the blogosphere! If you have what it takes, you could be the Head Blogger for the new site www.IAAS.com. The goal of IAAS.com (I Am A Super Woman) is to create an online community connecting, inspiring, and broadcasting important topics related to women. You will be the main voice of the website aiming to motivate and encourage women all over the globe! This is an opportunity to turn your creative writing, blogging, and social media skills into a promising career within the Arts & Entertainment industry.
Her Grammy Award-winning resume speaks for itself. Does yours? We’re looking for a head blogger and social media expert with the following skills:
- Experience creating, writing, and editing a blog, website, and/or print publication.
- A poised, passionate, and unique voice able to creatively express yourself.
- A background in Public Relations, Marketing / Web Marketing, Media Relations, Communications, Journalism, Writing, Digital Media, Internet Canvassing, and/or Social Media.
- Experience using web development tools and software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft on Demand, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, WordPress, LiveJournal, and Digital Media Platforms.
- Actively lead, manage, and influence peers in developing creative media content.
- A thirst for Arts & Entertainment, pop culture, current events, politics, and networking.
- A demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage women through the discussion of women’s issues.
Do You Have What it Takes?
To be considered, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- 2-3 years of related work experience.
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
- Must be available for frequent domestic and international travel. Must have valid passport, and must complete any additional paperwork necessary for government travel clearances.
- Final candidates will be interviewed in New York City as part of a news segment on a national TV network morning show on or about May 17-20, 2010, and in London, UK at the Black Ball on or about May 27, 2010. Candidates must be able to travel to and participate in the interviews.
- Submit to a thorough background and reference check.
- This is a permanent, full-time position. Career contractors will not be considered.
- Must be willing and able to report to work in New York City, NY. Relocation costs not covered by employer.
Restrictions against blogging for other sources may apply (to be determined at employer’s discretion).
Make it Happen – Apply Now!
Our search begins on April 6, 2010. Here’s what you MUST do to be considered and how the selection process will work:
- Upload or create your resume on Monster.com including a cover letter. Candidates will also be asked for links to their social media space and/or current blogs as demonstration(s) of their writing and marketing abilities. Candidates’ existing blogs and/or social media space will be evaluated according to a.) the uniqueness of written voice, b.) creativity of the site design & subject matter, and c.) how well subject matter directly addresses IAAS’s ideology.
- Make sure that your resume is searchable (i.e., Public) on Monster.com so that we can search for and view your resume (note: Confidential or Private resumes will not be considered).
- The selection process will go through three phases:
- All eligible candidates will be evaluated by Monster’s 6Sense™ search technology.
- If you are selected for the first round of interviews, you will be notified on or about May 6, 2010. Final candidates’ interview performances and written works will be evaluated by a panel of social media experts, and Alicia Key’s Advisory Board. (Other details and directions on subsequent interviewing rounds will follow for the identified final candidates.)
- Three final candidates will be flown to the UK Black Ball in London where they interview with Alicia Keys on or about May 27, 2010.
- The Head Blogger for Alicia Keys’s www.IAAS.com will be announced on National television the week of June 21st.
So What Are You Waiting For?
Work for a global entertainment icon with the ability to reach and inspire millions. Post your resume on Monster.com today!