Two weeks ago I notice that my husband was breathing funny while he slept. I would nudge him awake. I would tell him, “your breathing” sound like wheezing to me. I told him he needed to go get a checkup from our internal medicine doctor. Of course dude ignored me for two weeks.
- Idris Elba was reportedly rushed to the hospital after suffering an asthma attack the night before he was scheduled to appear at the premiere of his new movie, ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.’ Dude gave me that I am scared look….uh huh the look that you know when you know you better stop bullshitting with your health look. Idris Elba‘s appearance at the Sunday premiere of his Nelson Mandela biopic came close to being sidelined by a health scare.
- Harold Dow Cause of Death: Adult-Onset Asthma Killed CBS Newsman, Family Says – HealthPop – CBS News
- Reporter Anthony Shadid’s Death Highlights Asthma Dangers
- Famous People Who Died of Asthma
Symptoms I noticed that warranted immediate medical attention. I demand that we both go to the doctor together last night. Sometimes a spouse must make demands for the well beings of their partner. This morning dude was thanking me but I was thanking God. It is imperative to include a Asthma test during your routine physical examination. I know I am going to request one.
- Mister could not sleep lying down for a extended period of time.
- Coughing up clear mucus and lots of it.
- Breathing became erratic and irregular.
A medical history is important to determine the existence of a genetic propensity towards asthma. A spirometry test examines the amount and speed of air a person exhales. Asthma is generally treated with inhaled steroids such as Advair or Flovent. However, Singulair is often successful as a non-steroidal treatment that works for some individuals. An exercise plan is often helpful as is living proactively with the condition. The most important thing is that the patient strictly monitor asthma symptoms and follow the asthma action plan developed by the asthma doctor.
SMH…..I was literally screaming at the urgent doctor. Can you please test my husband for Asthma? I need to find a doctor that really listens to the patient and not to their over sized egos.
Over 17 million Americans, including nearly 5 million children, suffer from asthma, a chronic inflammation of the airways that causes wheezing, coughing, breathlessness — ;and 14 deaths a day in the U.S.
The number of asthma cases has doubled since 1980, leading the Department of Health and Human Services to declare asthma “an epidemic” in its Action Against Asthma report issued this May.
Despite strong recommendations from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute for use of these long-term medications to prevent attacks, many patients are reluctant to use asthma inhalers containing high doses of corticosteroids because they have been linked to stunting growth in children, and causing cataracts, glaucoma and osteoporosis in adults.