The day after Christmas I went to Walmart to purchase a couple of iPad accessories. I must admit I am a bit salty about the iHome Keyboard purchase…….
This is my finding based on my Review:
I was excited to be able to use the iHome keyboard but after a couple of hours I begin to realize a few things that did not match the description on the box.
According to the iHome Bluetooth keyboard case for iPad 2 on the back of the box and based on my first hand experience.
- It contains “dual USB charging cord.” The box only contains a cord to charge the keyboard from a regular computer USB port.
- The iHome Bluetooth Keyboard is for the iPad 2. Nah mane….
- The case completely blocks the rear camera which requires you to take the iPad 2 out of this case to use that camera. The iHome Bluetooth keyboard is designed for the iPad 1 that doesn’t have rear camera.
- The keyboard has very limited control for iPad 2 functions that only allowing typing, limited copying and pasting. Can not close an application, tab to a selection box and scroll pages, all of these functions can only be done manually by touching the screen.
- The cost for this purported cool keyboard is $69.99 at Walmart.
- Returning to the store and still searching for a replacement keyboard. Right now I am not clear nor certain which external keyboard works with the iPad 2….the jury is still out. It would be easy to write up a list of keyboards but I have not personally tried them therefore I can not give an honest assessment of the iPad keyboards on the market. I need to test drive iPad keyboards to find the best external keyboard that is fully functional.
The iHome iDM1 listed price in Walmart $19.99
- Excellent audio output
- Can be used with any Headphone jack
- Small and can fit in a backpack or large purse
- Battery Stereo speaker system for iPad, iPhone, iPod or other audio devices
Disclaimer: Please note I am not paid to endorse or test drive any of the suggest products listed above. In the next couple of weeks I will write a review about the iPad. I am still test driving my purchased unit. I am not certain how I feel about the gadget…I will say that I love the portability of an iPad but it does not replace my desktop and laptop units. Cool gadget though…..wonderful tool for working on the go: the iPad is lighter than laptops.