Thank you to all of the women and men who serve in the United States Armed Forces.
November 11th is Veterans Day, a day to honor America’s military Veterans. Since 1954, the Veterans Day National Committee has worked to ensure Veterans Day receives proper and widespread observance. Part of that outreach this year includes this video for students explaining how and why we honor Veterans, not just on Veterans Day, but year-round.
On the VA Veterans Day page you’ll find the first video but also Veterans Day History, local and national observances and resources to teach students the value of honoring our Veterans. Visit the site at http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday
Additionally, to view a Section 508-compliant version of this video, please visit http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday
A smaller number of veterans – those rated 100 percent disabled by the federal Department of Veterans’ Affairs and who served during war-time – are totally exempt from paying property taxes. In 2010, 6,790 New Jersey veterans qualified for this exemption.
For more information on this deduction and eligibility for this benefit, go to the deduction application.
- CCA Honors Military on Veterans Day 2010 (prweb.com)
- Free Massages for Military on Veterans Day (prnewswire.com)
- Veterans Day Freebies (forthemommas.com)
- Dollar General Offers Discount for Military on Veterans Day (eon.businesswire.com)
- UFood Pays Tribute to America and Its Veterans, All Veterans Will Eat Free on Veteran’s Day (eon.businesswire.com)
- Applebees – free meal, Thursday, Nov. 11
- Chili’s – free meal, Thursday, Nov. 11
- Hooters – free meal, Thursday, Nov. 11
- Outback Steakhouse – free Bloomin’ Onion and Beverage, Thursday, Nov. 11
- Uno Chicago Grill, Thursday, Nov. 11
- Subway, Free 6 inch Sub, Thursday, Nov. 11 (participating locations only)
- Golden Corral – free meal, Monday Nov. 15