Where/When do the Walk & Run begin?
• Since 1981, over 600,000 Americans have died of AIDS.
• Every 9 1/2 minutes, someone in the U.S becomes infected with HIV.
• Approximately 20% of people infected with HIV do not know it.
• According to the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphians are being infected with HIV at a rate MORE THAN 50% higher than residents of New York City.
• The rate of infection in Philadelphia is FIVE times the national average.
• About half of the 1.2 million people living with HIV in the U.S are not receiving medical care.
A little side note for those picking up new partners or curious about the one your currently hitting the sack with….you can go into your local clinic, have your mouth swabbed and receive the results within 20-30 minutes. Talk about no excuse for being in the dark just got real. Call your local county free health clinics for their schedule and dates they administer the test. Its free! A lot of these free health clinics lose funding every year due to the lack of folks using their services.
Related articles by Zemanta
- HIV/AIDS: The Future Looks Promising, but What About Now? (thehealthcareblog.com)
- Experimental AIDS vaccine lowers risk by a third (nationalpost.com)
- Scientists join forces to explain HIV spread in Central and East Africa (scienceblog.com)
- Thai Volunteers Make HIV Vaccine Possible (huffingtonpost.com)
- Aids/HIV by numbers (telegraph.co.uk)
- Finding Out If That John Gave You the ‘The Hiv’ Now Takes Just 4 Weeks! (queerty.com)